Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Stamping Challenges / Re: August Challenge
« Last post by howdyheidi on August 22, 2017, 09:05:27 AM »
I really enjoyed using my alcohol inks in a new way!  For mine, I dipped my paper under the water on one edge, and then lifted it out after they were mostly underwater.  For the most part, I liked the tops of the papers much better than the bottom and that may have had to do with the technique I used.  I guess I was lucky, my fingers didn't get inky at all.

here is my finished card:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3493#top_display_media

And my other backgrounds are here:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3492#top_display_media

Thanks so much for the fun challenge!
« Last post by howdyheidi on August 21, 2017, 03:41:19 PM »
I just made 8 backgrounds!  They need to dry now!
« Last post by stampwilly on August 20, 2017, 12:35:57 PM »
Jan, I am glad to see you back with us. It seems like forever! I laid most of my papers on top of the water too. Your card is lovely. Thanks for doing the challenge!

April :smile:
« Last post by Far North on August 20, 2017, 11:30:21 AM »
Yay-my first challenge since December---and a challenging one too!  Thanks for the fun April!

Here are some of my experience: I chose to use watercolor paper since that was unpacked :smile:  I found the AI dissipated quickly probably since I was stingy with my AI.  I usually don't wear gloves but I did for this technique. My SU plastic container that stamps come in did not become stained but my rubbermaid container was stained in a few areas.  My finger pressure when dunking the paper underwater provided an opportunity for the ink to color the paper in circular patterns.

Can't wait to see your creations! Here are my samples. and my card.
Good Sales and/or Retail Therapy / Re: Purple Onion 25% off
« Last post by howdyheidi on August 20, 2017, 08:02:47 AM »
I added some stamps to my card and it still added up to $50 so, I decided to pass for now. I do love them, but I have lots of stamps to work with still.
« Last post by Craft Nerd on August 20, 2017, 07:36:59 AM »
I'm glad I missed seeing this post.  I'm such a sucker for Stacey Yacula stamps.  And I so do not need any more stamps.
« Last post by Yankee on August 14, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »
 http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3487#top_display_media

I made a bunch of the papers with glossy cardstock and alcohol inks.  One paper took the ink weirdly and that is one one I made this card from.
Currently working on getting the bugs out of my Halloween cards for grandkids,  so  because of the colors, it ended up being a Halloween card.
Stamping Challenges / Re: Christmas All Year 2017 - August
« Last post by Iring on August 08, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »
Your cards are really pretty, April.  I love the added touches of glitter.  You're doing a great job of making a stash of Christmas cards AND using up some backgrounds.  Go you!
« Last post by Iring on August 07, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up ... I missed that.
Good Sales and/or Retail Therapy / Re: Craft Themed Stamp
« Last post by Iring on August 07, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »
I'm so glad I'm not the only back to school shopper with no kids!  :laugh:

Thanks for that HL tip Sadie!  They do have a good clearance aisle, and they keep it neat so you can actually see what they have. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10