Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Stamping Chat / Re: 2017 Stamping Review & Planning for 2018
« Last post by Far North on Today at 04:47:10 AM »
Stamping Review:  I am disappointed with the limited time I had to stamp this year. Oh how I need my creative stamping time! I hope that I can get back on track in 2018!  I replaced 1 stamping pad this fall but I think that was my limit to new purchases. 

Goals for 2018: Make time for stamping!  Purchase a limited # of oxide inkpads and learn about the ways to use them.

I was inspired by Heidi's thread regarding making stamped items beyond cards. As I was pulling out my Christmas ornaments I enjoyed the special things I have made in the past and hope to return to some of that.

« Last post by Looser on Yesterday at 12:36:30 PM »
It was cool today in SWFL, but it's warming up.
I finished a card for a recovering soldier. Will mail it tomorrow.
Not 100% pleased with it, but that's par for the course, of course! ;D
It's in the gallery
Have a good today!
Later gators
« Last post by Iring on Yesterday at 11:38:07 AM »
Some of my favorite things from 2017 were the monthly challenges here, especially the perfect pearls technique inspired by Jan's challenge and Jennifer McGuire (masked off a shape - in my case rectangle, inked with versamark and dusted with perfect pearls, and then pressure embossed).  I also loved swiping distress inks over an embossed layer (I think that challenge was April's).  For a technique/layout that used more stamping, I liked the card I found and used as inspiration for Thanksgiving cards and the October monthly challenge.

Ah, something new ... I tried "30 days of lists" and made my own Traveller's Notebook insert.  That was fun, and something I'd been wanting to try.  I'd like to do more book making in 2018.

This month I actually made 3 scrapbook pages!  WooHoo!  I've been wanting to get back to scrapping, so I'm using a 6x6 ring album for a combo of "30 days of lists" and Shimelle Laine's "Journal Your Christmas".  I was gung ho for days 1-3 and um, well, I have some catching up to do  :o . I will try to post some pics soon.

Goals for 2018
more scrapbooking and list making/journaling - and include stamping!  I tend to forget stamping on scrapbook pages
more bookmaking
use what I have!
complete one of those "projects" I bought the supplies for and never did
more purging  >:(, I need to do it, but I don't have to like it, right?
General Stamping Chat / Re: Pantone Color of the Year 2018
« Last post by Iring on Yesterday at 10:22:51 AM »
Yes, I like that shade of purple too.  I probably have some supplies as I was trying to find the right shade for DD's wedding last year.  I think hers was more plum.  I recently bought a little pot of purple shimmer paint that might match ...

You're right Heidi, it does go with the galaxy backgrounds that are popular.
Stamping Challenges / Re: Christmas All Year 2017 - December
« Last post by Iring on Yesterday at 10:02:53 AM »
More wonderful cards from Nora and Heidi! 

Heidi, I love the patterned papers and embossing you paired with your stamping.  Your coloring of Mr and Mrs Santa is really well done.

Nora, your paper behind the white snowman die cut was perfect!  I often save magazine papers but forget to use them.

Nora, I love the little cardinal die cuts ... so much that I ordered some a few weeks ago, but mistakenly ordered "resting birds" from Memory box and didn't realize there were actual cardinals.   Actually, once I found the cardinals, they were sold out, so I guess I will settle for generic red birds.

My sister is in town again this weekend, so hopefully we'll get some stamping time in today.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Christmas cards here!
General Stamping Chat / Re: Pantone Color of the Year 2018
« Last post by stampwilly on December 09, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »
I usually use purple and blue together. This is a pretty purple. It will be fun to use!

April :smile:
« Last post by Nora S on December 09, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »
Here is a second card I made using the Tim Holtz Die.  A simple and easy card to create.

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3755#top_display_media
« Last post by Nora S on December 09, 2017, 05:28:42 PM »
« Last post by howdyheidi on December 09, 2017, 01:18:22 PM »
Thanks for the input!

Connie, feel free to think about this after Christmas, if you remember.  Don’t mean it to stress you out!

April mentioned that we shouldn’t forget about Winterfest.  I agree.  Usually we do that the very end of January or First week of February.

April, also the Shabby Chic series on your blog will be fun! I liked your bits and bobs series this past year. I have also been trying to think of something for my blog. I would like to do a flower of the month series, or something like that.  I am not sure if I have stamps for every month. 

Daniel, I hope you will share the results your techinical ability challenges.  That sounds technical! ;) Challenges for limited materials are always good for creativity. 

Thanks again for the input. I find these threads fun and interesting!
« Last post by Looser on December 09, 2017, 12:57:54 PM »
Thinking about it I'd have to say I'll most likely do self challenges that stretch both my technical ability in some way
And ones that stretch the ability of my available materials
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10