Author Topic: Happy Mail-Happy Holidays  (Read 10760 times)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Happy Mail-Happy Holidays
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
If it's not too late I would like to be added! This sounds like fun and I am going to Michael's today for other things so can pick up a few colors of acrylic paint since I have none! ;-)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 12:51:42 PM »
Yes Kathy glad you can join in the fun here.  Inexpensive acrylic paint works fine (like$1-2.) remember M's has coupons on their website.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 01:03:55 PM »
Yeah, looks like we have a full house of all the regular Happy Mail players.  Of course we would love new players too!

A quick reminder that I ask all players to post when their happy mail is actually put in the mail.  I am sure this is helpful to some of our players for various reasons.  For me it means that I will not head to the post office today when it is 26 degrees below zero here and I receive no notification from the PO that mail has been placed in my box.  Tomorrow is to be 28 below zero--and I probably won't go then either since it is expected to be much warmer on Thursday.  Thanks!

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 07:38:45 PM »
Ok, Heidi your Happy mail put in the mail today.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 08:02:44 PM »
Ok, Heidi your Happy mail put in the mail today.
Wow, you are so fast!
I will be watching for it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 01:36:44 PM »
My Happy Mail is on its way! I mailed it today.

April :smile:

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 03:45:07 AM »
April, looks like you timed the weather great for delivery....it has been 26 below zero since your note but this week it is to be back to -16 and warmer...yay.   Thanks for saving me from the long johns!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2016, 07:15:40 AM »
April, looks like you timed the weather great for delivery....it has been 26 below zero since your note but this week it is to be back to -16 and warmer...yay.   Thanks for saving me from the long johns!

Jan, your weather never ceases to amaze me!  Stay warm!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 03:10:52 PM »
Sheila sent me the loveliest Christmas card!  It is really cool and has details outside and in!

She also sent me the prettiest backgrounds! WOW!  Thanks so much, Sheila!  You should consider doing a tutorial or challenge with some of the techniques from the extra backgrounds.  So cool!
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 08:21:34 PM »
I have Cindi's address! And I will be working on this Thursday. Tomorrow is busy!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »
Jan, I forgot to put extra backgrounds with your card so I will be sending them tomorrow! Too much going on here! LOL! :smile:

April

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3072#top_display_media

Here is the card I sent to Heidi.
I made the focal for uninked challange, then didn't get around to doing anything with it.
So that is why so much green.  Not my most used color! But I was trying to get a evergreen looking background!
I stamp I got at the stamp show in Nov.  I love these stamps where you are doing different things while layering.
Rubber Necker has a bunch of them.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »
Heidi, I don't remember how I made the backgrounds.  I have a Few.
But they are most likely Mica Gloss, or alcohol ink.  Both are fun and I tend to overdo the amount.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 07:33:50 PM »
Wow there is some mighty good cooking going on with this swap :smitten:

April your card was in my post office box today!   It is wonderful...can't wait for you to share!  I am amazed at how thin lined your repeating pattern is!  Any tricks for  us who would line thinner lines? Terrific use of your print.  If you made any others into cards please share.  No problem with the backgrounds...that was optional...so take what time you need to mail them.

Shelia, I loved your card too and I left you a comment too!

Is anyone having trouble with getting what they consider usable results?  Speak-up  there are already skilled folks here that can help give you tips as needed.

Kathy, I put your envelope in the mail today.  Hope you like it okay--it is an artsy design.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 09:10:40 AM »
This is the card I sent to Jan. She asked how I got smaller lines. At first I did not because I forgot to thin out the paint using a paint brush. When I realized that I had not done that I used less paint and brushed on the paint until it was pretty thin. Then the lines were smaller. I think the amount of paint is the key. I also used thick plastic from packaging to do this technique instead of glass. I don't know if that had a play in the technique as well. Also here are some other backgrounds I made.

card  --                                 http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3077#top_display_media

backgrounds  --                    http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3079#top_display_media

April

P.S.  Jan, your other backgrounds are on their way! :smile:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:14:13 AM by stampwilly »