Author Topic: Ohuhu markers  (Read 2461 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Ohuhu markers
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:55:56 AM »
Anyone have these or heard of them?

Last night I was browsing marker and pencil organizers on amazon and these markers came up in my recommendation box. They're 40 alcohol based markers and have pretty decent reviews. The price isn't bad either. 23 bucks for 40 markers. The one downside it seems as if the colors don't match their lids well. I don't have a big marker collection and am considering purchasing these to see how they will work with my existing alcohol markers which are mostly spectrum noir, promarkers and a couple copics.

I can't figure out how to link to amazon here but if you're interested in them just search ohuhu markers
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Ohuhu markers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »
Thanks for sharing, LeighAnn. I wonder if these were the same pens I saw in Michael's near the adult coloring books. 

I have started a pretty good collection of Spectrum Noirs, and their colors do not match the pen caps either.  I rely heavily on my swatched out colors to choose.

Although my Tombows are closer to the cap color, I also started relying on a color swatch chart for those too.

I would be interested in how well these blend compared to spectrum noirs.  I know copics are a little better to blend.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 05:42:36 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
Hmmm, never heard of them.  I'll be on the look out.
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:46:39 AM »
I haven't bit the bullet yet.Most of my spectrum noirs are the first generation and some are starting to dry out. I had made a color chart a while ago and recall I didn't own many grays or purples. I do wonder how well they blend especially with other marker brands. I'm probably the minority, but I like the nibs on the spectrum noirs and promarkers better than the Copics! I find them easier to control and stay in the lines.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »
On the subject of alcohol markers, i see Altenew is releasing their own line of colors.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 10:37:54 PM »
I just saw that today too. As far as I know, they're the only stamp company hat has released a marker line. Well I guess technically crafters companion owns spectrum noir and they make stamps.

The colors are pretty in their first set but they're too pricey for me. I've heRd great things about their ink line and the quality of heir stamps so I'm sure their markers are probably copic quality.
LeighAnn