Author Topic: WF15 Something Old, Something New  (Read 12450 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Something Old, Something New
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »
More fabulous cards!  You guys are making my hands itch to go grab my old stamps and get busy.  But I can't.  Tuesdays I visit my oldest sister who lives in Assisted Living; afterward I'll go to the hospital where I've been spending most of my time this past week.  Thank you for all your good wishes for my friend.  She is remarkable, and her recovery has been amazing.  She's moving around so much that the hospital staff is petrified she'll fall.  They have taken preventive measures.  lol.  Making the connection between what is in her head and what comes out her mouth will take longer, but it's obviously on it's way.  Time. 

Heidi, I don't recognize all those characters either.  I wish my father was still with me; he'd know them instantly.  Most of them are characters from the original Little Orphan Annie, the original Little Rascals, and I think Dick Tracy.  Anyone else recognize these?

Daria

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
djc those old stamps look like you have all 7 of the little rascals.  The 4th from the top row looks like the old Dick Tracy.  The cat is also from the little rascals I think, one of the little girls carried a cat around and some of the boys played really nasty tricks on that cat.  Some of the men might be from the little rascals too. 

The picture down below is the original little rascals but there were several others along the way, and you might have all of them.

In the picture: The Little Rascals, circa 1934 (from left): Tommy Bond, Matthew "Stymie" Beard, Uh-Oh, Jackie Lynn Taylor, Wally Albright, Jerry Tucker and Spanky McFarland

Or it could be the Our Gang bunch.  "Our Gang was the name of a popular and successful American film series of comedy shorts centered around a group of child actors known collectively as "The Little Rascals". Between 1922 and 1944, there were over two hundred and twenty shorts, more than any other film series for a comedy team, using a revolving stable of over two hundred child actors."

The second image is one of the our gang group at some point.

These are actually quite fun to look at.  The one little boy stamp looks like Alphafa without the sticky up part of his hair....(the one on the second row on the right hand side.

I hope this helps.....

You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 05:23:14 PM »
I sure am glad to hear the update on your friend Daria. I bet my grandparents would get a kick out of those characters and would recognize them. However Sadie seems to be the super sleuth too!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
Here is my entry:

hello kitty combo

This was so neat to work on and get to see the tiny stamps actually work with the resist technique.  Thank you Daria for this challenge and for hosting! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:24 PM »
Sadie, you're a sweetheart.  I wondered if some of the characters I didn't recognize also came from the Little Rascals.  I also think that one boy is Alfalfa.  I thought the cat might belong to Little Orphan Annie and wondered if the man with her was Daddy Warbucks.  The pictures you linked help.

Melissa, the image you used on your background adds so much fun to the card.  I have to admit that my favorite element is that heart you made by embossing on canvas and adding glitter.  I would never have thought to do that, and I definitely want to give it a try.  That heart has so much texture to it.  Very cool.

Daria
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:38:22 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
I agree about the heart.  It really was the focal point, and I was surprised when I read how it was made!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 11:37:16 AM »
TY you guys!.  Isn't that heart cool!!  The heart was an RAK from April (stampwilly) and they come in a package of various sizes and all are light beige burlap.  But I thought about how I know many little girls (including me) love glitter so I decided to add glitter to the heart but was unsure how to get it to stick (unless I used glue or sticky EP).  I  also wanted to cover up the beige so decide on gold EP to match the glitter and added the glitter over the EP and heat together.

I have to remember about heating EP and glitter together in the future!!   O0  But of course the course burlap held onto the glitter and EP so didn't have to really worry about blowing it off--though I'd heat from underneath if doing it on CS.

~~Melissa :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 12:40:03 PM »
Melissa, thank you for the details; that's a huge help.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »
Three more days left not counting tonight.

Daria
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:15:29 PM by djc »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »
Well this is the first time I have used the Tim Holtz spritzer using a distress marker for the background, also new technique of masking the stamped images so I didn't get the spritzer splashed on them.  I didn't have a name on these stamps they are so old, so I thought I would post a picture so you can see, the acrylic stamps were already mounted on these clear blocks, did anyone else buy these?  They are over 10 years old I believe.

Here is my link:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1170&message_id=5097534cc2b32ec890f4043a175c55fe&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 12:30:30 PM »
I think I have seen a couple stamps like that before, but not many!  Your card is really cute!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »
I am a collector of antique stamps and used to really haunt the antique stores for really old stamps.  This was one of my finds.  This stamp shows that it was a well loved and used stamp, but it still does a clear image.    Used Blue Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. 

Thanks so much for this challenge.  Would love to have the opportunity to use more of my antique stamps.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 08:50:16 PM »
Connie and Ann, thank you for posting your cards.  Those are some darling images.

Here's Ann's Card.

Please, everyone, don't forget to put WF15-Old/New down as a keyword when you post your card in the gallery.  I searched for that, and only a few of your cards showed up.

Tomorrow's the last day.
Daria

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »
Thanks  djc for adding my card.  I just plain forgot.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
No problem, Ann.

Today's the last day of Winterfest 2015.  There's still lots of time to play.

Tomorrow, I'll post the Second Chance Challenge.

Thank you for asking about my friend.  She was discharged from the hospital yesterday.  Her physical recovery is amazing, and every day she does better with her speech.  I know, with time, she'll make a full recovery.

Yesterday, Nora and I went to a craft show, and I picked up the RAKs for this challenge and the Second Chance Challenge.  I think you'll like them. 

Daria