Author Topic: May ATC Swap: sign-up closed, partners posted  (Read 18506 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
May ATC Swap: sign-up closed, partners posted
« on: May 02, 2015, 11:34:20 AM »
Hi everyone!

Leigh Ann finds her schedule is very full at this time so I will be the substitute the ATC swap host this month.  We are running a little behind so I will keep the sign-up list open until Tues. May 5th, 11 pm PST. 

I am keeping the theme very simple:  Heat emboss resist

Mail date no later than: Wed May 20th.

Looking forward to another month of swapping ATC's!...Jan

Partners for this swap are:
Heidi and Ann
Sarah and Yankee
Kathy and Melissa
Sadie and Cindi
Daniel and Jan
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:47:55 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: May ATC Swap Sign-up
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:06:16 PM »
Thank you for filling in for LeighAnn and hosting the ATC swap for this month.  LeighAnn, I hope you will be able to join us again soon, but understand that you have other things you need to do.

I will definitely sign up!

~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »
WTG, Jan! Can't sign-up due to my impending move, but hope to get back to AI soon as possible & will see what I can do. Have to see if I shipped any of my EP. I know I sent my heat tool. ;)

ETA: I just checked & I had not shipped any of my EP. Figure I can tuck a few in my luggage. Who needs socks in FL.?! ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:15:12 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 08:15:27 PM »
ETA: I just checked & I had not shipped any of my EP. Figure I can tuck a few in my luggage. Who needs socks in FL.?! ;D

Nobody until December and then only through January.   ;D

Thanks for stepping in Jan.  I so want to play.   I was just doing some emboss resist on a Christmas card earlier today.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:21:51 PM »
I am glad you caught that, Daniel. I think you would have missed EP.  Maybe just one or two...
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
I'm in! Just to check though, heat emboss resist is where you heat emboss an image then apply ink over it and wipe it off the image, correct?

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 10:53:50 AM »
Heidi, Sarah and Kathy so glad you are joining the fun!  And hope you will too Daniel!

Yes, Kathy that's the technique!  Folks often learn this technique with dye inks but many other colorants work well too like sprays, watercolor, gelatos and more. I did not specify the type of colorant for this challenge so players can try something new if they like.  So glad you all are playing!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:46:08 AM by Far North »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »
Yes, I am in and thanks for the reminder.   Looking forward to this.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »
Sign me up, please!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 03:35:36 PM »
Just as I was getting ready to do a post here, I rec'ved an email from Jan. Spooky! She & I will be swapmates in May. TY, Jan!

'Course she may also swap with more than moi. She's such a busy stamper! ;D

I found 2 online tutorials about 'heat-embossed resist' that I really like & want to share with y'all...

SplitCoast

Craftsy

I note that both use clear EP to achieve their look. That's cool, but... Being the clever folks we are? I'm betting some of us will play around a bit. ;)
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »
Thanks Jan for the email alerting me and also for stepping in for LeighAnn.  I hope things slow down soon for you LeighAnn. 

Yes please sign me up for this month!  and I am so glad it is a later mailing date, Jan---TY!  We have been in and out of town last week and we have to go again after learning about a funeral we need to attend this week, so the late send-off will work out perfectly for me.  and just FYI, I am not sure how much I will be able to check in this week due to traveling and attending the funeral etc.  But I'll be back next week!   :smile:
~~Melissa :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 11:48:36 AM »
Count me in.  Thanks Far North for doing this month's swap.  Lovepug2 I hope life slows down a little for you.  This one sounds like fun. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
Yes, it sounds like many of our players have very busy schedules right now and/or travel plans.  Thanks to those who have sign-on since my last post:  Ann, Yankee, Daniel, Melissa, Sadie and Cindi! In fact Cindi sent me an e-mail as she too is busy right now but wants to play. And we all know Daniel's schedule is iffy but glad he decided to play!

I am happy that we can all have fun with this challenge knowing there is some comfort that many have some experience with this technique. Of course for many that will "up our game" to create something with a new colorant or style.  Daniel thanks for the inspirational links!

Thanks for deciding you can fit this on in!...Jan

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:34:27 PM by Far North »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
...Thanks for deciding you can fit this on in!...Jan

LOL, Jan! Speaking of 'fitting in'... I tucked my index cards (colored & white) into my luggage just today!

We have a good bunch of swappers--7 including you. Still time for other Inksters to join us.

... I am happy that we can all have fun with this challenge knowing there is some comfort that many have some experience with this technique. Of course for many that will "up our game" to create something with a new colorant or style...

Far as 'up the game', Jan? I'm already wondering if I can find a way to incorporate StampWilly's May 'Oldies' Challenge (thumping) in with my ATC. Not because I want to do fewer pieces, but because I love just playing. Nice that lots of us here @ AI share that trait.  O0
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »
Daniel, count again.
If we have one player sign-on you will have to put on your flip-flops so you can count all of them :laughhard:  Three folks Heidi, Sarah and Kathy all signed on initially.

Quote from: Far North on Today at 12:22:09 PM
"... I am happy that we can all have fun with this challenge knowing there is some comfort that many have some experience with this technique. Of course for many that will "up our game" to create something with a new colorant or style..".

Daniel said: "Far as 'up the game', Jan? I'm already wondering if I can find a way to incorporate StampWilly's May 'Oldies' Challenge (thumping) in with my ATC. Not because I want to do fewer pieces, but because I love just playing. Nice that lots of us here @ AI share that trait. "[/quote] 
Response from Jan:  Daniel, if you are a neat thumper I am not sure how you will use the embossing as a resist.  OH no, I forgot you will soon have several hours of flying to ponder the issue! 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:56:02 PM by Far North »