Author Topic: INK15--Bisque Pottery Technique--Winner Announced  (Read 13917 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: INK15--Bisque Pottery Technique
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
I use Georgia Pacific card stock all the time and I use my copics on it too.

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
I use the Georgia Pacific as my card bases also, I use to use it for coloring on also but have found other papers I like more for that.  I happened to use the white cheap paper that comes in those thick packs at  Michaels they have on sale every now and then that are 3 for $10, so maybe that is why I got good coverage also.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »
I've used Georgia Pacific in the past, but I don't see it very often.  Maybe because I hate going to Walmart!!
For my wedding card I used Neenah Exact Index that came in a big pack at Office Depot or Office Max.   

I had good luck with chalk inks both Colorbox and VersaMagic. 
I think my embossed piece may be upside down!  Haha!  It was too late when I noticed, and decided it looked more like hearts that way!  I used the same EF as Conniecrafter.

These are some of the best results I've ever gotten from this technique and I've tried inking EFs before.  Thanks for the tips and video djc and everyone who's posted.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 02:18:10 PM »
When I was in the gallery, I wondered if Connie's and Cindi's cards were the same EF.  But I wasn't sure! 

I have one card finished, but I was having so much fun, I made lots of backgrounds.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 02:33:55 PM »
Cindi, that card is gorgeous!  I think that design could go either way.  Just don't mention that you think it's upside down.

I'm happy to know what kind of cardstock you used.  I recently heard that the Neenah Exact Index was a good cardstock, and I planned to try it out.  Is it sturdier than the Georgia Pacific?  The 110-lb. Georgia Pacific isn't as sturdy as the 80-lb. Stampin' Up or the 80-lb. Neenah Classic Crest. 

I'm glad everyone is sharing what they used-- embossing folder, cardstock, and inks.

Daria

ETA:  Heidi, both Connie and Cindi used the Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder.  After I saw their cards, I checked my inventory list to see if I had that folder and was very happy that I do.  I've never used it, but that's going to change quickly. 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:40:45 PM by djc »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »
I hate Walmart, too.  I only go there to pick up Georgia Pacific cardstock. 

I have that EF too.  Both Connie and Cindi got great results with it.  So I may have to give it a try.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »
The Neenah Exact Index says 110lb.  I held it next to a piece of SU white and I think they are pretty comparable, the Neenah seems a hair stiffer.  I use it for card bases and I've been stamping on it too.  SU feels just a bit smoother.

The textile cuttlebug folder worked great.  I also tried an Anna Griffin folder that had more open white space.  It worked pretty well but I noticed a few spots that should have been white, had a little ink on them.  I think it was a little more open design.  Probably could have done better with more careful brayering.
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »
Thanks, Cindi.  I saw that it comes in different weights, but the weight isn't always a good indication of how heavy/sturdy the paper is.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 07:48:00 AM »
I have seen some Neenah paper in Target, I will need to take a closer look to see which kind it is.  It wasn't Classic Crest, so I ignored it. I did not know if they had other paper that was good for stamping. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 09:58:29 AM »
I love this technique and have used it before. My explanation is with the card here -- http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2055#top_display_media.

Thanks for the fun challenge. I combined this with the smoosh stamping challenge.

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 10:45:36 AM »
I found some Neenah paper I think it was at Office Max and it was a good price for as much as there was, well when I got home and tried it out it isn't quite as thick and the markers didn't blend quite as well so there are different kinds out there

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2015, 11:39:28 AM »
I tried it with the Georgia Pacific card stock and Versamagic Chalk ink and didn't get good coverage. I will try again! because even though it's not good coverage I still like the look of it!

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »
Daria, here is my submission for the Bisque Pottery Technique.  Thanks for such a nice challenge.

Nora

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2066#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »
Boy, oh boy!  I visited my sister today, and when I got back home I found all kinds of goodies in the gallery.  Now I know why I love this technique so much.  Your cards are all simply fabulous! 

I played around last night with Color Box Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue.  It worked out so well.  Thank you for the advice you posted.  I used my usual Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock, and it worked just fine.  (Yes, I made a couple with the Cuttlebug Textile EF that Cindi and Connie used.  Sooooo pretty!)  Mostly, I used different snowflake embossing folders.  Those will show up on some Christmas cards when I get around to them.

Daria