Author Topic: 30 Day Coloring Challenge  (Read 4017 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
30 Day Coloring Challenge
« on: February 02, 2016, 02:17:56 PM »
Kathy Racoosin, The Daily Marker, has a new 30-Day Coloring Challenge.  Today is Day 2 and includes a Blog Hop. 

Daria
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:19:45 PM by djc »

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: 30 Day Coloring Challenge
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Daria! I think she did this a few times last year too? She's a fantastic colorist.
LeighAnn

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:53:39 PM »
This is her fourth one.  Last year she did the coloring challenges in March, June, and October.
On Day 2 of the current challenge, there was also a blog hop.  I like watching the coloring videos.  Most of them are done with Copic markers which I don't have, but I still pick up a lot of coloring tips.

The idea is to color something, anything, using any media at all every day for thirty days.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:24:09 PM »
I am subscribed to her blog and YouTube and I enjoy her posts and am following a long.

Although we are so much smaller here at AI, I had already planned to do some easy coloring challenges here too, and until Sunday there is a coloring with pencils one open in the Stamping Challenges forum.   I enjoy these challenges where you don't have to complete the project, just color. 

I did not know it would overlap but I am still going ahead. They will run throughout the year.

TFS!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:11 PM »
This week's Online Craft Chat's guest is Kathy Racoosin the color/card artist who is posts as The Daily Marker and hosts the 30 Day Coloring Challenge. 

For me this is the best Online chat since they started.  Kathy shares lots of great tips for crafting on the go—no matter how far you want to go away from your defined crafting space. It is a very lengthy chat so be sure to have something to do while you listen.

Next 30 day coloring challenge is July 5th through August 3rd.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:23:49 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:39:53 PM »
This week's Online Craft Chat's guest is Kathy Racoosin the color/card artist who is posts as The Daily Marker and hosts the 30 Day Coloring Challenge. 

For me this is the best Online chat since they started.  Kathy shares lots of great tips for crafting on the go—no matter how far you want to go away from your defined crafting space. It is a very lengthy chat so be sure to have something to do while you listen.

Next 30 day coloring challenge is July 5th through August 3rd.

That one does sound interesting, maybe I will give it a listen tomorrow while I am cleaning or something like that.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:45 PM »
Thanks for the head's up, Jan.  I just finished listening to it.  I'm glad Lydia keeps bringing them back on topic. 

Daria 

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 11:16:40 PM »
Yes, thanks for the heads up!  I listened to the chat tonight and I agree it was one of the best.
I missed past coloring challenges ... maybe this time I can take part.  Sounds like fun!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 10:47:13 AM »
Today is the first day of the new 30-Day Color Challenge.

Here's an introduction to the goals and how it works.

Here's Day 1.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 11:35:37 AM »
Today is the first day of the new 30-Day Color Challenge.

Here's an introduction to the goals and how it works.

Here's Day 1.

Daria

Thanks, I thought I followed her blog, but I think I missed the posting.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 10:28:50 AM »
Is anyone coloring today?  Please share what you are coloring and which medium you are using  :smile:

I've been working on a 7 inch square coloring page from a coloring book and pencil set my brother and his wife sent me for my birthday.  I will probably quit before I do the whole thing ... once I have an area I like that is big enough for a card front.

I'm using Prismacolor pencils. 

I learned a tip from one of Kathy Racoosin's videos to color with a lighter touch and avoid some of the crayon waxiness for easier blending.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 02:09:56 PM »
I have been coloring today too, Christmas images, also with pencil, but I am using the Derwent Coloursoft.  I like them because they do lay down color easily without having to apply much pressure at all.   But I did have a couple that the leads seem to break easily (which I guess is just common in pencils!)

~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »
I was coloring today.  I was playing in a coloring book, testing the difference of my new
Intense pencils to my old watercolor pencils.  Having made up my mind yet.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »
I'm attaching the coloring book page I colored.  I think I like the fact that the design lines are pretty thin and light.  I debated (after the card was made) whether I should have gone over the outlines with black marker to make the colors pop, but I think this card has enough black.  Maybe next time.

Here is the Thank You card I made from it.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:11:39 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 12:53:13 PM »
Oh, I like that look with the light lines so you can color it with white space in between!  Looks great!
~~Heidi~~