Author Topic: Happy Mail Swap#2 Light and Airy  (Read 13004 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Happy Mail Swap#2 Light and Airy
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 02:11:05 PM »
I received a most beautiful card from LeighAnn today!  She did a great job with the theme, I am looking forward to her sharing the photo here!
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »
I just remembered I will be out of town until Friday. Am having a hold placed on my mail to pick up Saturday. So... I can post my pics then and also see if mine has arrived from Jan!

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 07:39:09 AM »
Thanks Heidi, glad you liked it!

I used Jan's suggested prompt of using vellum as a starting base for my card. I wanted to do some sort of flower that reminded me of spring, so I knew I had to use this stamp. I love hydrangeas, their so delicate looking and their soft coloring made me think of Jans theme. I kept the coloring simple and added some light ink blending to the card. I had just got this really pretty paper pack from hobby lobby and I thought the pastel colors worked great with the card.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2646

I'm behind on checking out everyone's cards so I'm off to leave some praise!
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 10:05:49 AM »
I love seeing the gallery filled with light and airy cards! So far we have: Shelia's pretty card features a collage stamped image which she colored with mica paints and some light water coloring. April's fun mouse 'n parachute scene is delightful with it's fun elements of sparkle and the terrific paper piecing. And LeighAnn's card which showcases light and airy in every element. Thanks all for sharing your beautiful work and playing in this challenge!

Kathy enjoy your time with your daughter!  I expect your return will be close to when my card arrives.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:17:03 AM by Far North »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 02:09:44 PM »
I received my lovely card from Kathy yesterday!  :smile:

April

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
I got the prettiest card in the mail from Ann! I love the color combo and she used a really interesting paper for the main part of the card, can't wait for y'all to see it! Thank you so much Ann!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 10:42:06 PM »
Happy Mail came today!  Thank you Heidi!  I love the pretty spring card you sent!  It's nice to have some of your watercolor from the class we're both taking.  The background is really interesting too, I like it!  I'm anxious to hear how you did it.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 07:58:59 AM »
Here is the card I sent to Cindi.  Details on how I made it light and airy are in the description.  I am glad you like it, Cindi, I was a bit nervous about this swap!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 10:35:42 AM »
Heidi, thanks for sharing your wonderful water colored card in the gallery along with the explanation of what you did to create your light and airy feel.

With such broad challenge themes some times folks get real creative and all that is needed is a description of what was done to meet the challenge.

Hope more Happy Mail arrives today!...Jan

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »
Ann, thanks so much for sharing your card....I love handmade papers too!

Cindi your Happy Mail card arrived today!  You had me chuckling as I walked out of the post office.  So glad you know I don't live in Timbuktu instead of Fairbanks.  Love all the flamigos featured as mail art on the envelope. So very happy to now have a piece of your watercoloring!  Please post in the gallery so everyone can enjoy!  Many thanks!....Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 12:36:58 PM »
Glad you liked your card Jan!  I just got a new sign post stamp from Vivalasvegastamps, just because I saw a sample used for mail art.  The signs are blank so I filled in with my town, Jan's, and Timbuktu !  FYI, Timbuktu is a real place!  It's in Mali, West Africa.  Luckily my daughter got to visit when whe was in Mali, in Peace Corps a few years ago.  Sadly Peace Corps  has had to leave Mali because of Muslim extremists! 

Sorry, I digressed! 

I'm out of town, hope to post my card Fri or Saturday.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2016, 06:12:35 PM »
Here is the Light and Airy card I mailed to Jan. 

The light and airy products I used were :
a craft feather
a stamped and die cut feather
transparent watercolors
Wink of Stella shimmer - I felt this was lighter than a heavy glitter

I learned how to make the watercolor sky by watching Steve Mitchell in Lesson 1, Mind of Watercolor, Strathmore Artist Workshop.
This workshop is free just by registering if you're interested. 

Thanks for the mail swap Jan!  I'm glad I didn't miss out this time around.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »
Cindi-thanks for all the details of your light and airy card!   It is such a fun card to look at...thanks again.

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »
Hi all, sorry if I held anyone up! I received my card from Jan Saturday and it is beautiful! I will post mine a bit later. Have to make a grocery store run after being out of town for a few days!