Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2016 - November *** and December ***  (Read 3368 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2016 - November
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 12:00:35 PM »
OK.  I'm back with my latest card.  I had planned to make a bunch of these, but coloring with colored pencils is a time-consuming process.  I completed four of these:
Stampendous Snow Bird

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 04:25:54 PM »
I finally finished fifteen of these cards:
Impression Obsession Bare Tree & Cardinals.

It took a lot longer than I had anticipated.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 07:35:39 PM »
Way to go, Daria! Your cards are just lovely!  And you have really been churning them out!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 09:12:10 AM »
You are turning out such wonderful cards Daria, and this is the only month I haven't gotten a challenge posted!  (wedding month, as I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about!)  I am so glad you went ahead and linked your cards up here.  I am going to just edit the title of this thread to include December.

You are really on a roll.  We (DH and I) were hoping to have a wedding picture of our newly extended family to send out but I hear the photographer takes awhile to process the photos ... maybe we'll send Valentines?  The photographer has posted a few to FB but I wasn't sure if I grab a photo off of FB if it will be high resolution enough to have cards printed ... I might try it, probably next week, after Christmas. 

Good for you for taking care of SO MANY cats and kittens!  I hope you find your lost little one. 

If I don't get a chance to hop back on here ...
Merry Christmas to All!   Thank you so much for creating along all year, or whenever you get a chance, and for linking here for all to enjoy.  I will probably make more Christmas cards in January than I did in December (I have the urge, it's just getting it done), so watch out for me in 2017!

I love being a part of this group!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2016 - November *** and December ***
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 09:14:52 AM »
Cindi, I had to laugh when I saw "and December" added to your subject line.  I was wishing I could do that!  Of course, I'm the only one who was still making Christmas cards four days before Christmas.  I posted my last card a couple of days ago, and I forgot (again) to come here and link it.

I made fifteen of these Impression Obsession Bare Tree and Cardinals card.

I mentioned in my comments on the gallery post that I'd used 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive Spray .  I've used it before to hold things together, but this was the first time I'd used it with glitter.  It took at least three days for the glitter/adhesive to lose its tacky feel.  I could work on the cards after two days, but it was still tacky.  Then when I was sorting through the cards to decide who would get each card, I noticed that the card we made at the Marathon Class sparkled quite a bit more than the ones that I made at home.  I still love those trees, but I think I like the sparklier one better.  At the Marathon Class, we used Aleenes All Purpose Tacky Adhesive Spray.  I'm going to get some of that.  Using spray adhesive to adhere glitter to an intricate die-cut saved so much time and works great.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Daria
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:16:23 AM by djc »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »
Thanks for your tip on the adhesive spray.  Sometimes I have trouble with tacky glues in that they never lose their tackiness, so if any of it at all is exposed I fear it will be tacky forever (as in stick to the envelope!)  I'm glad to know Aleene's works.  Haven't had a chance to see the rest of your marathon stamping at scrapbook.com ... but I will.

I have not mailed one card this year :( 
Still playing catch up after the wedding.  I might send some out next week ...?
I was hoping to send a family photo from the wedding as our Christmas card this year but photographer doesn't have them finished.  I've seen just a few photos she posted to FB but no family group photos yet.

So, even though I haven't sent a card ... I'm thinking of you!
Merry Christmas!

Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 10:16:54 AM »
Cindi, I got to the point that I was so late I thought about just skipping sending Christmas cards this year.  Just think.  I'd be all done for next year.   ;)  However, I did get mine out, and most even arrived the day before Christmas.  Some are probably still working their way around the world. 

I am going through the Christmas cards in the Christmas All Year Gallery.  Oh, my.  I missed so many of them.  I am now on page three of four pages of cards, and I need to take a break.  My vision is beginning to blur, and it's time to feed the cats. 

Thank you for offering this challenge again in 2016.  I hope you'll do it again in 2017.

Happy New Year!
Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 04:08:00 PM »
Just think.  I'd be all done for next year.
::)  I've had that thought!  haha!

I should go back through the gallery, good idea to look at them that way rather than month by month.

Don't put your Christmas stamps away ... make a few in January ... I'm about to start the first challenge of 2017.  Look for the post coming soon.

Thanks everyone for playing along in 2016 even though I didn't do much.  "Do as I say, not as I do, haha!  Ever heard that before?"
Cindi