Author Topic: 2016 Accomplishments and 2017 Crafting Ideas/Goals  (Read 4342 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
2016 Accomplishments and 2017 Crafting Ideas/Goals
« on: December 29, 2016, 09:33:32 PM »
I am just wondering if anyone has any special plans or ideas on what they are going to work on in the coming year?  It is definitely also a time to think back on all you were able to do in the last year too!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: 2016 Accomplishments and 2017 Crafting Ideas/Goals
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:24:29 AM »
2016 was not a good crafting year for me!

The past couple of weeks I've been sorting and reorganizing everything. When we moved I left a lot of my stuff in boxes until I could figure out how I wanted everything set up. I still have one small area to straighten up before it's done but it shouldn't take me long to finish up. I'm happy  to have a space set up in the family room to craft in. When we bought the house, DH surprised me with having a small cabinet set installed in one area of the room for me to be able to craft at.

As far as crafting goals for 2017-
-Be active again here! I missed the chats, challenges and inspiration from everyone :)
-work on Christmas cards and tags all year long.
-work on watercoloring techniques
-go back and revisit techniques I've either missed or haven't done in a while.

Overall my main goal is to just jump right in and get back to crafting. I feel like everything has settled down and I can take time to myself more to craft.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »
LeighAnn, thanks for sharing.  That is really neat that you have a special cabinet to hold your craft stuff! How thoughtful!  It sounds like you are already working on your goals for 2017.

In 2016 I was very happy to have gotten all my Christmas cards ready by doing them throughout the year.  I definitely want to do that again in 2017.  I also did a better job of staying organized and using more scraps.  I also got on my very first design team, and have been enjoying it!

In 2017, I would like to work more on coloring with different mediums. I would like to send out more cards, get the birthday list in order and try not to send so many cards late.  I am not sure what else I want to try specifically, but I do want to find uses for supplies I already have.

~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »
LeighAnn, I am so glad you are back with us!

In 2016 I made 2 altered die cards for each month and posted them on my blog. I was surprised that I found so many different ways to use my dies than the normal way. I also got on the same design team as Heidi, after being off for 2 years. I had missed being on one and was glad to be a part of another! I also  learned some new techniques which I am always trying to find.

In 2017 I am setting a goal and will be posting cards on my blog, of using up things in my stash. I have soooo many backgrounds, stamped images, and old tools and items that I have not used in a long time. I hope I can make a little dent in all my stuff! LOL! I hope to learn more new techniques to use in my stamping. I still need to work on the shabby chic look which I have not accomplished yet. Maybe in doing my stash cards, I can work on that look too. I also want to get rid of our pool table and set up tables in its place so I can have more people come and play. My craft room is right off the bonus room where the pool table is.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 02:31:33 PM »
I would like to learn the basics like die cutting and layering.  I kind of skipped over those.
There must be tricks or rules or something.  And I want to use up all this great paper I have bought.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 03:26:24 PM »
Cool! Thanks for sharing, April and Sheila!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 08:41:28 AM »
Sounds like some good goals!

Heidi, I'm with ya on sending out cards late! I set up a dry erase board and am calendar last week on the door inside my pantry. Yesterday, I made a list of all the cards that need mailing this month so hopefully I won't forget! DH suggested attaching a small wire basket there too to hold cards and mail that needs to go out.

Yankee, that's a good goal! Die cutting can be puzzling but it's pretty fun! And it will be good to help use up paper too!

April, I love the look of shabby chic but I find it hard to achieve! That's a great goal to use up your stash!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
I forgot to mention that we have made January a no-buy month (except food and other real necessities).  So unless I really need adhesive, I can't buy anything.

I did buy some pencils with Christmas money, though.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 09:03:54 AM »
Good for you Heidi (no-buy), and now I'm sorry I teased you with my HL clearance haul in the Retail therapy thread.

Yeah, so I bought all that stuff and then a few days later joined a clear the clutter type effort.  Dumb!

Ahhh, which instantly brings a goal to mind for 2017

1.  Clear the floor and desk top in the craft room so I can craft in there, or at least move off of the kitchen counter.

and as long as I'm setting goals I'll keep going

2.  Start scrapbooking again, and maybe stamp in a scrapbook, which for some reason I have not done. 

3.  I love the dry erase board with a basket idea!  I've been tardy or neglecting of birthday cards.  Ok, that will be a goal, mail a birthday card every month.  Now I need to find a place to track that.

I'm sure I could add more goals by searching the list CraftNerd started last year ... haha!  I'm sure I didn't complete those!

My accomplishment for 2016 was making the invitations, table numbers, seating chart, favor labels and various signs for my daughter's wedding.  Phew!
Stampwilly, shabby chic is my least comfortable style and guess what style my daughter wanted for her wedding?  Yep! 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
Oh, and I'm glad you're back LeighAnn!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
Here is CraftNerd's Crafty Goals post from last year in case you participated and want to see how you did.

Um, I didn't really accomplish any so I need to just add them to this year's!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 12:03:02 PM »
Here is CraftNerd's Crafty Goals post from last year in case you participated and want to see how you did.

Um, I didn't really accomplish any so I need to just add them to this year's!

Thanks for linking this.

I DO keep a crafty to do list, but that jar of Faber Castell glaze is still untouched!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »
Cindi, great goals and you did accomplish a lot with the wedding crafting last year!!! Really a lot!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »
Thanks, Cindi! good luck with the scrapbooking! I keep saying I want to get back into it some but never have. I did make a mini album for the grandparents in 2015. And I've made a couple of photo books but I don't know if that counts!

And I went back and looked at my last years goals. Yep, none of that got accomplished! I do need to work on that blog!
LeighAnn

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 10:48:48 PM »
Lots of good goals everyone.  O0

I'm going to try and blog more often. 

Christmas cards will not be done at the end of November this year.  I hope to try and do your Christmas challenges throughout the year to get me inspired. 

I'd also like to make more 3-D cards.  My pop up box got me started. 
Beth