Author Topic: Resist technique using acrylic gels with watercolor paint  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Resist technique using acrylic gels with watercolor paint
« on: December 23, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »
In case you haven't heard Anna-Karin is now teaching classes at Skillshare.  On Wednesday she announced a FREE Class for one week only to teach skills for an easy resist technique using masking fluid or acrylic gels with stencils and watercolor paint. She also demonstrates the same technique with Distress Inks and spray mists.

The classes are broken down into short videos. This class in total is about 1/2 hour. You can find the links on her blog.

I enjoyed seeing her process and lots of examples. Now that all the Christmas cards are in the mail.  I hope to find some time soon for trying this technique soon.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:47:10 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Resist technique using acrylic gels with watercolor paint
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
Thanks for the info, I had not seen this.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 03:03:45 PM »
Thanks, Jan.

I just finished watching Anna-Karin's class.  She did such a good job.

I love all kinds of resist techniques, but I've never tried it with a gel medium.  With the exception of Dreamweaver's Embossing Pastes, I hardly have used my gel mediums.  It will be nice to put them to use. 

Thanks for the head's up.

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 10:51:34 AM »
Thanks for the info. I will be looking at this soon!

April :smile:

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 01:01:27 PM »
I was thinking of using brushos/color bursts or pearlescent watercolors for New Year/thank you cards.  Please share your work in the gallery.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 02:15:42 PM »
Here is the direct link to the class.  Also I posted my examples in the AI gallery.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:51:40 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:46:34 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing this class Jan!  I wasn't familiar with Skillshare. 

I'm so glad I saved some watercolor scraps after I made the wedding table numbers.  I cut them in to random tags last night.  I put some masking fluid in a small squeeze bottle and used it to draw lines, dots and a sentiment.  I also used Golden regular gel medium (gloss) and Golden molding paste through stencils.  I let them dry over night.  Today I used distress inks smooshed on a craft mat and spritzed with water to color a few of them.  I made 24 tags!!  I only inked 7 of them so far.  I had to stop and scrub the ink off my fingers before I went to get a manicure (we have another wedding to go to Saturday).  Hopefully I'll get a chance to ink some more tomorrow but I'll probably need to find some gloves, ha!  I usually don't care if I get inky.  I'm feeling rather high maintenance lately!

I love the samples posted here so far!  I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 02:46:41 AM »
I really love how we all make a personal twist when we implement new techniques. For me it is really fun to see what others create!  Thanks for playing!

April thanks for sharing your results with the resist technique!  Your colors a terrific!

Cindi I never thought of using my liquid fluid in a squeeze...terrific idea!  I really like the look of had drawn elements on the tags.
I will watch for your results.

Anna-Karin's tutorial is still posted.  I posted the direct address 2 posts prior to this one.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 10:37:36 AM »
Jan, I tried your link again and it does look like i can look at the class today.  However, when I try to watch the class, it prompts me to pay, so I do think I missed it.  But it is really okay. I saw a very similar technique it a stamping book last night so I think I can figure it out as I go along.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 12:21:51 PM »
Sorry Heidi...yes, even though I watched it completely the site tells me I would have to pay the .99 cents.  Post if you have any questions about the technique.