Author Topic: February 2017 Artsy Inker Challenge - Stamping with Paint  (Read 5027 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: February 2017 Artsy Inker Challenge - Stamping with Paint
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »
I have a card posted with this technique that I couldn't get finished till today. I thought I would link it up anyhow.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3248#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 09:28:45 AM »
I finally posted the card I made with this technique.  I really enjoyed how it came out.  I used my new favorite paper for watercolor stamping - Strathmore mixed media paper.  It is almost as smooth as regular cardstock but thick like watercolor paper.  As a result, you can stamp a cleaner image than when you use watercolor paper.

I'm including in the post a photo of all the hearts I stamped. The first heart I stamped came out rather faint because it wasn't wet enough. And the bottom red on, is stamped with versafine so you can see how detailed the stamp  is.

Heart card
Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2017, 09:41:53 AM »
I just finished reading all the posts.

Cindi - I used a clear stamp.  And it worked great.  I was worried that it wouldn't work well because it was a very detailed stamp.  But I was very happy with the results.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
Sarah I am so glad you participated! I love your hearts and thanks for trying the clear stamp. I had a feeling it would work with, at least, the Koi watercolors.  I am glad to hear it did!  Your card is wonderful.

I have the mixed media paper and I didn't try it for this yet. I do LOVE it for coloring and blending out watercolor markers, with and without adding extra water.  It makes it fun and not painful to color with those.
~~Heidi~~