Author Topic: WF15 Stencil Surprise Challenge! Winner Announced!  (Read 9605 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
WF15 Stencil Surprise Challenge! Winner Announced!
« on: February 18, 2015, 09:42:32 PM »
Stencil Surprise
For this challenge there will be the use of a stencil but not as a stencil but rather as inspiration.  I was looking online at stencils one day and saw this stencil from The Crafters Workshop that I thought was really neat.  So instead of buying the stencil I decided to try using my stamps and a couple stencils to recreate this particular stencil.

And so that is the challenge….to use this stencil as a pattern on a card, a tag, or a scrapbooking page.  You can use other stencils, stamps, or draw in parts but the challenge is to recreate this stencil on a card without actually using this stencil.  If you do not have an arrow stamp then use something that is about the same shape and size to go in that area, ect.

You can use a plain white piece of card stock, a patterned piece of cardstock, or a painted or inked cardstock for the background.  You can use ink, paint, markers, or any other medium to stamp or draw to complete this challenge.

You can combine this challenge with any other challenge if the other challenge allows combining.

Here is a sample card I made.

Six other samples, each done differently but the same.

Good luck!  And don't forget to have fun.  I had a lot of fun doing this challenge.

Please use WF15StencilSurprise as the first keyword when you post your projects for this challenge in the gallery.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:14:19 PM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Stencil Surprise Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »
What a fun idea, Sadie! I'm looking forward to playing along  O0
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:21:26 PM »
Oh, wow.  This is going to be a tough one.
Sarah

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »
This will definitely be a challenge, but a good one!!  O0
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:26:02 PM »
This is a very novel idea for a challenge, I like it!  I will really have to put my thinking cap on for this one!  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »
So cool Sadie!  Reminds me of doing card sketches but I like that we are to try to match the stencil more closely....I really like this idea!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 04:19:50 AM »
Sadie, all your samples are wonderful (and worth the wait to get them to open)!!!  I am going to start setting possible stamps etc in a box like we did for the 2 Pea moodboards so by the end of the week I will have lots of things to work with.  Thanks for the fun challenge!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »
This looks like so much fun!  I love your samples.  Thanks so much for sharing them.  Can't wait to start!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 10:34:38 PM »
Well, I made quite a mess, but this really was fun!  Thank you so much for this really unique challenge!

I recommend you make a few backgrounds because once you have your stamps and stencils out, you're going to want to make more!

Stencil Surprise Birthday Card
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 08:14:10 AM »
Great job, Cindi!

Sadie, I missed the link of all your other projects!  You were busy!  I especially like the Easter one!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:29 AM »
Cute card, Iring! I agree this would be a good idea to make several backgrounds at once. What a fun idea for a card set!

I have my stamps picked out for this one, I will be working on it today  O0
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 09:11:58 AM »
This is on my to do list for today. 
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 10:08:32 AM »
Oh my gosh, what a wonderful card Iring!  I really like how well the background pink/purple color matches your matt.  Wonderful use of your stamps.  And I agree with making more then one background because after doing one I just wanted to keep going.   LOL! 

Thank you for doing my challenge!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »
I just lucked out that I found a card base that matched my distress paint and pink pigment ink so well!  Love when that happens!

I had so much fun with this Sadie!  This time I tried to stamp more images with colored ink.   Stampin Up makes a set called "Work of Art" that has what I thought was the perfect sentiment for the inside of my card.  It says "You are a fabulous work of art".

Work of Art

Thanks again for the challenge Sadie!
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 11:15:23 PM »
Iring the second card is just as fun as the first one was.  The stamps all go together and the EP is a fun surprise.  Thank you so much for joining in on this challenge.