Author Topic: Thoughts on June's ATC swap  (Read 2900 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Thoughts on June's ATC swap
« on: May 24, 2015, 01:46:11 PM »
Hi guys!
With party time approaching, what are your alls thoughts on ATC swap for June?

Would you prefer to do it after the fest or for me to just post the sign up sometime later this week?

TIA O0
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Thoughts on June's ATC swap
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:11:10 AM »
I am finding this long weekend is jammed packed with activities and little time to finish several stamping projects that need to be finished before the end of them month.  What would work best for me is having the challenge announcement before the end of the May so while I am playing in the AIR challenges next week I can think of possibilities for my ATC.   

I find I am usually consumed with event activities for the week and need to attend to catching-up on personal activities while working on a few hangover activities so I would really  like the challenge to allow more time to create the ATC in months when we have AI events.  I know I felt I had to skip playing the last few times when we had events. 

LeighAnn, thanks for asking for our thoughts!...Jan

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »
I'll 'ditto' Jan's post, Pug. If you provide the sign-up info (theme, technique, etc.) before AIR that would be fine by me.

I would also suggest that swappers use their usual best instincts to be sure that their ATC is in the mail early enough for the recipient to (reasonably) get it before the end-of-the-month--rather than posting a 'mail by' date. 'Course that's your call, Pug. :smile:
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
Daniel said: "I would also suggest that swappers use their usual best instincts to be sure that their ATC is in the mail early enough for the recipient to (reasonably) get it before the end-of-the-month--rather than posting a 'mail by' date."

Daniel-What issue are you trying to address by making the above suggestion?  For this month's swap I found all player's met the mail-by deadline. 

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 09:05:28 AM »
Sorry for any confusion, Jan. I was just trying to say that since all AIs invariably meet their swap requirements--even when they coincide with events like AIR, we'll be able to judge when we need to get our ATCs mailed. No offense meant to anyone. :smile:
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »
I too would would like to see signup and requirement info this week. That way maybe our ATC can fit in with a challenge in AIR!

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
Daniel, I appreciate that you are trying to maximize the time players can work on their ATCs during an event.  However I feel that a mail-in date is the kindest way for all players to know they have met the expectations of the swap and for all players to have the same amount of creative time.  None of us can control of mail delivery or have "instinctive knowledge" which will necessarily meet the actual delivery within 5 days of one's expectation.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »
Thanks for all of your input! I will be posting the info on the swap a little later today when I have more time. Thanks guys!
LeighAnn