Author Topic: Whatcha Working On?  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Whatcha Working On?
« on: October 17, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
Have you started any challenges yet?  I just finished putting together the cheat sheet.  We've got some cool challenges this time around.  I need to think about them and figure out where I want to start.  I think I'm going to go pull out my embossing powders and do Far North's warm-up challenge first since I still have a little bit of time left for that one.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Whatcha Working On?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 12:11:24 PM »
I did the warm up late last night, but I am just getting around to reading the challenges now since we had a game this morning.

Looks like fun!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »
I did the warm-up challenge and finished a card for Sadie's one/ dozen challenge.  I need to check out the list and decide what's next.
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 01:35:09 PM »
I am trying to get my sample card done so I can upload, but I had to go and get groceries, carry them into the house, and put them away.........so now I am ready to start with something....
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
I am going through and writing them all down, did the warm up last night and now need to figure out which one to start off with

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »
I think I am going to give Daria's challenge a try.  I have never gotten good results with those ones with embossing folders, but I hope her tips will help me out.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 03:17:40 PM »
I am behind, no real description of my challenge and no sample card.  Resting up from trip and playing this  week end with grandson.  I will start on card this afternoon or evening.

Challenges look very interesting and I will get started on them soon. 

Never did get my desk cleaned up, so I will be working in a small area.  I have pushed everything to the side that I can.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 09:47:08 PM »
I am declaring tomorrow a play day, as much as I can!  I'm anxious to get started on some challenges.  I haven't even had a chance to read through all of them yet.

We left the house at 9am this morning and got home around 9pm tonight.  We went to the Univ. of Miami vs Virginia Tech football game and tailgated. 

"It's great to be a Miami Hurricane" (repeat in a chanting sing song  8) )  It was a lot of fun, pretty toasty in the sun at times (still in the 80's here) and Miami won. so
Go Canes!

Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 10:41:29 PM »
I've got 2 projects started for fill 'em up. One started for masked and one started for marble roll.  I'm having some trouble with the bisque technique. 

I'm hoping to finish the projects I started and work on pick 2 and smooshing tomorrow.  I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for rustic.  My brain has kinda shifted from fall to Halloween.

Sadie has been a busy girl today. She's got 3 projects posted already. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »
I started to plan out a couple of challenges to start yesterday but little DS ran a fever so I spent most of the day holding him and watching a movie. He seems better today and my oldest is begging to stay one more day with Nana and Papa so I'm hoping to get inky later!

I'm going to try out the bisque challenge first I think. I've tried it before in the past and could never get a good result.
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 11:05:59 AM »
I am doing a happy dance....my electric repairs were fixed yesterday...and is still working this morning!  So my first goal is to complete my ATC challenge and get it in the mail today. And then I have Cindi's challenge on the top of my list.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
Great news, Jan.  Glad to hear your electric is fixed.

And thanks for the reminder that I need to finish my ATC. 
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
I just now walked into the craftroom and turned the Sprint Cup Race on.  Looking at the different challenges and trying to decide where to start.  We had a nice birthday lunch for hubby today, he asked for crock pot roast, potatoes, gravy, and carrots.  We also had grapes and hot yeast buns.  For desert we had hot brownies right out of the oven topped with homemade ice cream.  So now I need to change gears from cooking to crafting.  I guess they both start with a c so it shouldn't be that hard of a grind on the gears.

I am eyeing djcs challenge.  I have a few more Halloween things to make so maybe I will try that with the other embossing folder that came in the pair with the spider web one.  Wish me luck, here I go!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
Great news Jan and thanks for the ATC reminder, yikes!  I need to get crackin'!

Mmmm, you are making me hungry Sadie!

I just finished a combo card using the Fill 'Er Up and Masking Challenges.  Yay, one card made!  I am so slow!

Hmmm, someone mentioned you could make an ATC with their challenge ... I wonder if that will work with LeighAnn's swap requirements ... off to check it out!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 09:07:12 AM »
We had a very busy weekend and I was not able to work on anything at all yesterday.  I still need to work on my ATC too!  Yikes! 

Sadie, I hope DH had a great birthday!

LeighAnn, I hope everyone is healthy now!

I am doing laundry and need to do some cleaning, figure out dinner and do one errand.  I do hope to continue working on the bisque challenge today though. 

Eta:  Today I had success with the bisque technique and I finished one card.  But I have 5 more backgrounds to make into cards now too.  I am here waiting for bingo and deciding what to try next.  I think I might try smoosh stamping next since it will require experimenation. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:10:32 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~