Author Topic: WF16--Negativity at its Best -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 11854 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: WF16--Negativity at its Best
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 08:22:14 AM »
Ann, that's beautiful!  The papers you used are lovely.

I'm working on one, but I think maybe I cheated.  (Good things I'm not eligible for my RAK.  lol.  I used a Memory Box die that has a cluster of butterflies.  But there's really no positive/negative image.  What you die cut is what you get.  The only thing that comes out of it are the tiny little pieces that fit between the lines in the wings.  I wonder if I could capture all of those, color them, and put them back in for an inlaid effect.  I don't think that's going to happen.  I've seen it done though by using a low-tack adhesive back paper to keep the pieces together.  Hmmm.  Maybe.

I'm not quite finished with my card--having trouble deciding how to finish it off.  Cut it down so I'll have a wider border or settle for a narrow border?  Mount it on white for a white-on-white effect or on dark so it will have some contrast?  I already ruled out using it for the entire card front; it was too boring.  I'll finish it today one way or the other. 

Daria

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 08:55:35 AM »
Well I made one card already but forgot to take a pic of it before I put it in the mail! I have several negatives that I've saved for this technique but being the procrastinator that I am, I haven't gotten around to them yet! I was looking for something in my stash box when I came across this diecut piece I got in a RAK I think from Stampwilly. I needed a baby girl card for a shower I'm going to in a month and the sunshine is the theme for the nursery so I thought this would be perfect. So it pays to hoard things sometimes ;D
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2412

Im hoping I can get around to putting my negatives to good use, it's really fun!

And Daria, I know the Memory box die you are talking about, it's so pretty and I've eyed it several times! I was so excited when I found one on my Cricut that was pretty similar. I don't think it would be cheating to use!

Daria,Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge :)
LeighAnn

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 11:35:36 AM »
What a fun card, LeighAnn!  That negative die cut makes a great shaker card. 

Don't you hate it when you send off a card before photographing or scanning it?

Daria 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »
Here is my entry!  There were so many directions a stamper could go with this challenge.  I have made clean and simple versions of this before, so I tried something different!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2416#top_display_media

I still need to go through and comment on entries so that is what I am going to do now.

Thanks so much for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
Daria, I am on a roll today so I have another entry. I think it qualifies, but if it does not, that is okay too.  I had a fun time using a negative die cut opening to create a shaker card using some Impression Obsession Shake It products that Jan sent me a while back.  I like them a lot because they are really easy to use, I can use my own Spellbinders dies with them and they are a lot thinner than the Jillibean soup ones (although they both have their pros and cons).

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2417#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »
Heidi, they both count.  You went a step beyond what you needed to do.  That's a wonderful tree image you used on the first card, and I like that you made good use of a smaller image with your second layout. 

My card is finished, but I'm waiting for the glue to dry.  Anyone know how long it takes for Ranger's Matte Gel Medium to dry on a cold day in a cold house?

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »
I posted my card in the gallery.  Yeah!  I thought it was done, but last night I took one last look and ended up adding a pierced border; I like it better that way.

Daria

Almost forgot the link!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 10:07:34 AM »
So pretty, Daria!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »
Thanks, Heidi.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2016, 10:42:46 AM »
Today's the last day of Winterfest 2016.  We still have all day long to make and post to the challenges.  I am trying to make myself MOVE and accomplish something.  I wish all us procrastinators luck.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2016, 01:33:54 PM »
I wish all us procrastinators luck.

Thank you Daria!  I need it!  I feel like the slowest stamper ever!

I started today thinking about a couple different challenges I might work on, and then somehow I happened upon a Pinterest card that led me down the Negativity at its Best road.

I hope it is okay that I used my Silhouette to cut the negative space as I don't have an egg die.  After Jan's recent challenge to modify our die cuts, I'm saving the positive egg!

Thanks for hosting this challenge Daria.  I love the look of these Negative space cards. 

I made an Easter card.

Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2016, 06:01:20 PM »
Cindi, I love your card!  You did better than I.  Do you know what I've done all day?  I came across a website, The Little Blue House, that has been posting photo tutorials, 12 Days of Ornaments, since 2010.  I've been going through them and saving one from each year to my Pinterest board.  I have the first three years in Word documents with links and a picture of each ornament.  I picked one ornament out of each year, 2010-2015, to post to Pinterest.  Unforunately, a few of the photo tutorials have lost their photos, but almost all are intact. 

I can't seem to get myself to go into my craft room.  It is so disorganized that I don't want to be in there.  Bummer.  Maybe that should have been my challenge--do one thing every single day to make my room usable again.

Daria

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2016, 02:43:37 AM »
Daria-It was so fun to see all the different techniques to use the negative space of a die cut.  I added one more way to fill the negative space from a die cut.
Hope you like it!...But more I hope it lifts the spirits of my 95-year old uncle who has recently broken his back.  I need to close this before the bewitching hour strikes.
Here is my challenge post.

Thanks for looking!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 08:50:49 AM »
Jan, your card is wonderful! So sorry to hear about your uncle. I know this card will cheer him up!

April

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2016, 01:00:57 PM »
Jan, that is a fabulous card!  I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.  I'm sure he'll be pleased to receive this beautiful card.

Daria

ETA:

I'll be back as soon as I've put the names in the hat!

Daria