Author Topic: Cheat Sheet  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Cheat Sheet
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:07:29 AM »
WF16 Challenge: Casting Call
Host: Looser
You must use a stamp as a mold to 'cast' in a medium of your choice.  You don't have to use it in a finished project.  Don't post until Saturday.
Label: WF16CC
Combo: Yes

WF16 - Impress Me Challenge
Host: HowdyHeidi
Use the Texture Pressing technique on a stamping project.  Apply texture paste to cardstock, ink stamp and stamp into the texture paste.
Label: WF16IM

WF16 Stamp your Ground
Host: lovepug2
Create a background piece using one or several small image (2.5 inches or smaller). Use the background on a card.  You can use a larger image on the card in addition to the background. 
Label: WF16SG

WF16 Standing Tall

Host: Stampwilly
Making a card that stands up for display. I call it a tower card. Score a 5.5 x 8.5 piece of cardstock at 2 1/8", 4 1/4", and 6 3/8". Fold all as mountain folds. Cut a piece of same cardstock 1 x 5.5, score in half lenghtwise, glue one side to short side of card from the back, add adhesive to other side of strip. Fold card in gate fold to center back of card & close to adhere the seam. Decorate the panels.  Use 2 circles folded in half to attach die cut for focal image on front.  Attach one circle on either side of front seam and attach focal to the circles.  Use at least one stamped image.
Label: WF16ST

WF16SV Surprise Your Valentine
Host: iring
Make a gatefold shutter card to surprise your Valentine. Requirements: (1) must be a gate fold shutter card with a Valentine theme; (2) must have either a stamped image or stamped sentiment as the focal point inside the shutter; (3) The front of your card must have stamping, either in place of printed paper, or as an embellishment on a belly band, or  just somewhere on the front. The belly band is not required; (4) Stamp, paint, or ink your envelope; (5) Post a picture of the inside of your card in the gallery. Attach a picture of the front of your card and your envelope, and a link to your gallery post here in the discussion.
Gatefold Shutter card: Card Base: cut at 8 ½ by 5 ½, then score at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8.  Flaps: pattern paper cut at 5 ¼ by 1 7/8. Shutter (2 pieces): cut at 3 ½ by 4. On the 4 inch side, score both pieces at ½ inch. Then on 3 ½ side pencil mark at 1 ¾ then mark at 2 inches  to find the center so you can cut the fish tail for the shutter. Line up in center of card, add adhesive to the 1/2 inch scored pieces (mountain fold), fold card base closed so each shutter piece attach to one of the flaps.   Center Piece: plain card stock cut at 3 by 5 ½. pattern paper cut at 2 ¾ x 5 1/4 . Adhere together and cut a hole in the middle piece to create the window to your shutter card. Use foam squares to attach to inside of card, centering the hole over the shutter. 
Label: WF16SV

WF16--Negativity at its Best
Host: djc
Make a new project using the negative image from a die cut.  If you don’t have any dies, you can use a kraft knife or scissors to cut a shape out of your cardstock and use the piece you have left after removing the shape.  You can use any technique and/or media to decorate the piece that goes behind your opening.
Label: WF16-Neg

WF16 - Three and One
Host: Craft Nerd
Create a project using at least 3 different pattern papers.  Alter at least one of the papers you used.   Altered includes: inking, stamping, stenciling, distressing.  Altered doesn't include: just embossing with a folder, using a border punch or die cutting it to create mats. You need to use stamping, but it doesn't have to be a focal image. 
Label: WF16–3 and 1

WF16 - Material Girl Challenge
Host: HowdyHeidi
(1)Material -  add fabric to your card or papercraft project. But not a fabric that you would usually use on a card, so no pre-made embellishments or anything like that.  Use it for your whole background or make an accent. (2) Use stamping on your project.  You can stamp on the fabric, but so long as there is stamping somewhere, it counts. (3) Girl -  Optional - You get a bonus entry if the project is feminine.
Label: WF16MG

WF16-EFink
Host: Conniecrafter
Create a card using a watercolor inked embossed background.  To make the background, apply Distress Ink to both sides of an embossing folder in different colors, lightly mist with water, close the folder and press together so there is ink on both sides of paper, check your ink coverage and run a piece paper through.
Label: WF16- EFink
Combo: with another challenge

WF16  Inside, Outside and a Surprise
Host: Far North
Create a large matchbox with primarily stamps and ink.  And create a handmade surprise which includes stamps and inks that fits inside the matchbox as a gift or surprise.Create a large matchbox with primarily stamps and ink.  And create a handmade surprise which includes stamps and inks that fits inside the matchbox as a gift or surprise.
Here is a link to Jan’s blog   http://farnorthdesigns.blogspot.com/2016/01/artsy-inkers-winterfest challenge.html where you will find a step by step tutorial with photos to show how to create a large matchbox.
Label: WF16IOS
Combo: with 2 others

WF16- Recycling Trash
Host: Utah Ann
Make something using items that you would throw away and stamping.
Label: WF16-Recycling Trash
Combo: No

I'll update as needed and hosts, let me know if I missed something important.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:52:46 PM by Craft Nerd »
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Cheat Sheet
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 11:03:53 AM »
You are the best!  That is all!  Oh and thank you!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:42:58 AM »
3 cheers for Nerd!!! Thank you Sarah!!!!!!!! :smitten:
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 12:29:43 PM »
Updated to add EFink.

You're welcome.  I figure since I'm making a list for myself, I might as well share it.

Sarah

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 02:32:38 PM »
Thanks so much

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 04:09:22 PM »
Yes, thank you. It is very helpful.  I get confused when reading soo many ideas at once.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 06:21:08 PM »
Updated to add Inside, Outside and a Surprise and Recycling Trash.
Sarah

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 09:42:24 AM »
Updated Inside, Outside and a Surprise.
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »
Thank you, Sarah.  I always save these so I can quickly find the challenges long after the event is over.  They serve as an annotated table of contents for me.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
After reading what was written for my challenge, Negativity at its Best, I added a line that I used in the answer to a question on the discussion thread.  It now reads:

For this challenge you will be using the negative image from a die cut.  You can use the positive image for something else or on the inside of the card if you want to, but the front of the card will be what is left over after you die cut an image.  So just set that image aside.   You can use any technique and/or media to decorate the piece that goes behind your opening.

I think this might help.

Thank you,
Daria

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 02:28:53 PM »
Thanks, Daria.  I updated the description in the opening post.
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »
Thanks, Sarah.

Daria

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 08:53:02 PM »
Added label for Recycling Trash.