Author Topic: A is for Arches Challenge: April 20166  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
A is for Arches Challenge: April 20166
« on: April 05, 2016, 06:43:45 PM »
I love arches & stamping. So for my challenge I want you to build your arch using stamps.
You can add lots more & combine your entry with other challenges.
Here's my arch
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: A is for Arches Challenge: April 20166
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 07:14:57 PM »
Good idea, Daniel. I will definitely start thinking about how I could build my arch. 

Great example project.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:53:56 PM »
I will have to think about this one! Your arch project is lovely, Daniel.

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »
I am still thinking about what to do for an arch.  Just checking into this thread as I have not been making much lately, but still have this on my to do list.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »
Oh sugar, when I saw the title posted I thought this was a challenge to use arches watercolor paper...but I also knew that would be odd since most folks don't use it.

As for creating an arch I too have not yet to come up with a card design in which I would use an arch....still thinking how to combine into a design with symmetry.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:37:21 AM by Far North »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
Lol Jan! Glad to see that I'm getting some Ai's interested.
I'm Currently working on an arch for Heidi's symmetrical challenge.
FWIW. Rather than building a stamped arch for a specific card you might try making the arch first & then the card or whatever.   O0
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
I created a mini-arch in a flower garden for this challenge.  Daniel, so glad you asked for us to use multiple stamps to create an arch since it is hard to know how to use the arch until one "has made it". Mine is so narrow it feels limiting of what one can do with it. But in the end it was perfect for my garden. 

I have watched a few of the watercolor tutorials over at Art Impressions.  Since I do not own any of their stamps this was my first in using some of their suggestions.

Lots of fun...thanks Daniel!
...Jan
Here is the link to my flower garden arch in the gallery.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:40:10 AM by Far North »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 01:06:38 PM »
Daniel

I love arches and can't wait to play.  I haven't played much lately ====== couldn't find space on my craft desk, but have that somewhat cleaned off and am in the process, AGAIN, of reorganizing my craft room.

But I will do this challenge and will put everything away when the project is done.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 03:09:41 PM »
Here is my entry. I always need birthday cards so this one is a birthday card with a little humor! :smile:

Daniel, you will be proud of me. I actually did quite a bit of masking on this card! I am getting better! LOL!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2607#top_display_media  --  card front

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2608#top_display_media  --  inside of card

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 12:04:08 PM »
Daniel, it has taken me almost all month, but I finally have an arch.  It is not at all done, but hopefully I will have it posted by tomorrow.  Sometimes this happens to me with monthly challenges that I stretch it out to take pretty much the entire time!

April and Jan, I love your arches!  Very clever, both of you.

Ann, I hope you will be able to post something soon! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 05:10:19 AM »
Here is my card project.  I used lots of stamps and a little bit of masking to create my arch.  I don't usually do scenes, but this was a lot of fun. 

I went through all my stamping trying to find ones that would work for an arch.  None of the ones I picked out were working, and then somehow, the stamps and stencils I had out already seemed to come together to make this card.  Funny how that worked out!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 12:25:28 PM »
I have a project for this challenge, but am having problems getting it uploaded.  My usual method was my scanner and it is growling at me.  Tried using my camera, but the finished pictures is too large.  Will go down and fight with my husband's printer.  We don't get along very well.  Then I guess I will have to go shopping.  My printer is very old and  a dear friend.  But I don't think I can even get it serviced.  Will call around.

Hoping I can get project  uploaded today.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
I finally got it uploaded by using my husband's printer scanner.  It worked. 

Here it is:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2617&message_id=c3f52c0faa66a3d650e6cd86e98955a7&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Sure messed up the name:  A is for Arches Challenges.