Author Topic: Two card making classes 50% off on Craftsy, today only (May 4)  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Both of these are 1/2 off and priced at $14.99 today.
Has anyone taken these that can give us a review?

Wild Cards: 21 Techniques With Favorite Supplies
with Catherine Pooler

Lovely Layered Cards From Top to Bottom
with Shari Carroll
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Two card making classes 50% off on Craftsy, today only (May 4)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:18:44 PM »
After taking a few Craftsy classes I have looked at checking out the class site as completely as possible including the description of each section of the class, the material list and the mostly the student gallery for the class.  I find most all reviews are glowing-so I now ignore them.

I took a technique class (not Catherine Pooler) where I felt the instructor must have dropped out of stamping for at least 5 years...She taught old techniques with older stamps and products and there was only 1 almost current idea. It felt like many others were totally pleased and learned a lot of new techniques.  But that was not where I was at  I wrote a friendly note to customer service and they swiftly and graciously refunded my money.  They said they want everyone to be happy with their classes. Personally I like to pace my classes apart so I have time to focus on a topic for a while. 

I am waiting to hear what Sadie says about Shari C's class.  I enjoy most of S's card but her class cards in the gallery looked like pieces and layers that I already include in my work.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:27:09 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  I'm glad you got your money back!  That is really good for customer relations.
I will probably wait, they have sales pretty often.  I really should work on my current class further before I spring for another!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:01:39 AM »
They do have sales pretty often. I was not going to spend any more money on stamping this month, but I am interested in the layers class at some point.
~~Heidi~~