Author Topic: World Cardmaking day  (Read 1556 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
World Cardmaking day
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:32:04 AM »
I totally didn't know that it was going to be World Cardmaking day today.  (Not sure to put this in General or Sales).

Jennifer McGuire posted some crafty sales
http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/10/sale-alerts-world-cardmaking-day.html

Also there are some extra challenges at Gina K.
Www.stamptv.com

And I also got a sale coupon from Our Daily Bread, coupon code WORLD gets $5 off an order of $10 or more.

Anyone else making cards today? I was so glad to get two done this morning, but now I need to run to a soccer game...
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: World Cardmaking day
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »
I need to work on Halloween cards today but I'm not sure if I will get any finished.  I tend to do my cards in pieces because I bring stuff into work to do during my lunch break. 
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 11:51:55 AM »
Yes, World Cardmaking day generally is celebrated on the 1st Saturday of October.  I appreciate some of the companies like Gina K extending the dates for their site activities!  Thanks Heidi for the Gina K linked the technique challenge looks easy and fun.

Here are a few other activities:
Winnie and Walter is hosting a card challenge.

Catherine Pooler is hosting a blog hop

Our Daily Bread Designs-offers a free gift of $5.00 off ($10 minimum order), placed on there website https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/
Use the coupon code WORLD in the Discount Codes area in the shopping cart, then click Apply Coupon. (Limit 1 per customer-good thru Oct1.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:56:14 AM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 07:22:56 PM »
I made an anniversary card for my parents from an extra background I had after making my Happy Mail swap card.  I'll post it after April gets her card in the mail.  Forgot it was World Card Making Day.  One of these World days I will stamp all day!!  Seems there is always something else going on :(  Yesterday I actually stamped, A LOT.  I stamped 100 medallions for DDs wedding invite belly bands, twice, because I repeated the stamp (it was a ring, and I wanted two).  I rigged a We R Memory Keepers Letterpress platform to work like a Misti.  It made the stamping go pretty fast, and every medallion is the same.

Thanks for sharing the links.  Happy day after World Card Making Day!
Cindi