Author Topic: September 2014 tag swap  (Read 14608 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
September 2014 tag swap
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
I'm so sorry I'm late getting this up but I've had a sick little guy and haven't had any free time to get this up.

So here's the details on this months tag swap-
Theme is gonna be Pumpkins. I know it's a tad early but I'm more than ready for Fall to get here!
Does anyone else love pumpkins? I have way too many pumpkin stamps but I can't resist them.
And your requirement is to use distress products on your tag. Inks, paints, stains, marker, glitter. The more the merrier!

Standard tag rules-
Must be a rectangular hanging tag
Must have stamping on it.

I will keep this up until the 5th and post partners on the 6th.
Your mail by date will be Sept 21st.
Once your partner has their tag you can post it in the gallery.

Here's the swap list!
CarefreeSadie to FarNorth
FarNorth to loveug2
lovepug2 to howdyheidi
howdyheidi to carefreesadie
looser to swlady
swlady to craftnerd
craftnerd to looser
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:30:15 AM by lovepug2 »
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: September 2014 tag swap sign up!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:57:05 AM »
Sign me up, Pug! I love playing with the Fall 'fruit-of-the-vine'!

Sorry to hear your little guy isn't feeling well. Hope he feels better soon! :smitten:
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »
I'll join in too.  Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins!  A tag full of pumpkins......gonna have to think about this one a while.

Thank you for hosting lovepug2!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »
Oh good, I'm in. I love pumpkins and have enough stamps to choose from for sure!  Thanks for hosting. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 06:00:15 PM »
I only have 2 distress ink pads. Is that enough for me to play? ;-)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »
I love pumpkins.  I have 10 cd cases of pumpkin stamps. I definitely want to play.
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »
Kathy, it sure is!!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with enough pumpkin stamps to start a patch!
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »
I only have 2 distress ink pads. Is that enough for me to play? ;-)

Glad you brought that matter up, Kathy! I missed the distress aspect of the required things. Reading it over, I do see that LeighAnn isn't requiring only Distress Inks, but that still leaves me wondering what distressed means in the context of this challenge?

Although my question is (primarily) directed to LeighAnn as host, I would be very interested in hearing what others consider to a 'distressed' look.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »
I missed the Distress requirement too.  I take it as long as I use one "Distress" brand product, I'm good. ????

If I were going for a "distressed" look, as Daniel is interpreting it (which I think is optional) I always think muted, frayed, faded, chipped, antique or old.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »
The distress requirement is for you to use the Tim Holtz distress line of products on your tag. I thought it would be fun to see how we all use his products. I know I don't typically use them in the "distress" way but I love seeing how others use them.plus there's so many techniques that work well with them.
That said you can use other mediums as well on your tag. It doesn't all have to be strictly Tim Hotlz products if you don't want it to be.
LeighAnn

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »
I missed the distress requirement too.  I have just enough of each of the distress products to be dangerous.  Good thing I looked at this thread again before starting my tag.....LOL!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »
Well shut my door & call me a foyer! ;D I truly did not think you were talking about a specific brand, Pug. 'Sok. Giving us the option of using non-TH stuff helps lots.

That said, I repeat my 'Q'. What (other than brand) does 'distress' mean to you (all)? Does it differ from 'grunge' (& I don't know what that means either).

Of course I'm being a bit ingenuous about the concept of 'distress'. For me it means creating something that looks like it's been used & (even) abused over time. Similar to 'antiquing', but not quite the same. Ditto for 'shabby chic'.

This is going to be fun. Thanks for 'distressing' me in the best way, Pug! ;D
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »
Great! Count me in on this one then.

I am not all that fond of distress inks, hence the reason I only have two, LOL. But this will give me a chance to use them as I don't much.

I agree with you Daniel, on the definition of 'distressed'. I think grunge as in the old and holey jeans type look which to me is not the same as distressed. I have never been able to figure out shabby chic! hehehe  :crazy2:

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »
...I am not all that fond of distress inks, hence the reason I only have two...

LOL, Kathy! You've piqued my interest with your lack of fondness for DIs. I have lots more than 2 & my own love/don't love relationship with them.

If you share yours, I'll share mine. :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
This is a surprise twist.  My thoughts on the description of these terms is distressing is taking a new item an making it old...could be anything--ribbon, paper, fabric. Something can look worn yet not grungy as in things that could be made to look tidy with a little attention...as in uneven thread that could be cut off, pieces ready to fall off. I think shabby chic is doing the same as distressing but with feminine objects/products. Antiquing is restoring an older piece to it's fine original condition.

Hey Daniel if Kathy shares her issues with distress inks will you please also share yours.