THE GALLERY KEYWORD FOR THIS CHALLENGE IS LUINF14
The Gallery for this challenge can be found HERE.
For help with how to use forum and gallery, please visit the Forum Tips and Tricks Board.Technique Instructions
Dye ink: you will probably want a light colored ink. I thought Distress inks worked best, but you can try any ink you have.
Watercolor paper: worked best for me, but plain white cardstock also worked just fine.
Background stamp: or another large stamp.
This is just a variation on watercolor stamping technique in order to get a pretty, soft background that you can stamp right over top of.
1) Ink up your background stamp with your light dye ink. Stamp off onto scrap paper.
2) Without cleaning stamp, spritz lightly with water and stamp onto watercolor paper. (As an alternative, you could try huffing ont he stamp instead and see how it looks.)
Allow paper to dry. The result will be a light colored soft background.
3) Stamp over the background with another stamp or stamps (use any ink color). You may choose to color that stamp any way you wish.
4) Complete project. This may be a card, ATC, tag, etc.
Tips: If your background is darker than you would like, stamp off more color before spritzing with water. In this case, you could also just use black as your second stamped color.Requirements
There will be a RAK for this challenge. It will be randomly drawn from qualified entries and will be probably be something from my stash.
1) Please create a NEW project that uses the technique above.
2) Please upload a photo of your project to the Artsy Inkers Inktoberfest Gallery. Please use the keyword LUINF14.
3) Please also leave a comment in this thread with a link to your project.
4) You may combine with any other challenge that allows combinations.
Please make an effort to comment on the other entries for this challenge.
Ask any questions in this thread please.
Enjoy the process, and share any troubles or successes you have had here!