Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2015--WINNERS ANNOUNCED  (Read 10689 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge -- 2015

Some of us have gotten a head start on our holiday cards by participating in Cindi's Christmas All Year! Challenge.  This month, I'm taking over for Cindi by offering our yearly Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge.

The Challenge: 

You have a full month--July 1 through July 31--to post your entries in the album set aside for this challenge in the gallery and link them to this Discussion Thread.  The challenge ends on July 31 at 11:59 pm PDT.

Remember you must enter only new cards--nothing you made or posted prior to July 1, the first day of the challenge.  If you have a special technique you'd like to use that does not include stamping, your card will still count.  It would be nice to combine stamping with other techniques, but sometimes that isn't feasible, and I want your cards to be something you will love.  So your paste-embossed, embroidered, stenciled, Iris folded, etc. cards are welcome.

Requirements:

1. Complete the tasks as described in this challenge.

2. When you post your card in the gallery, please label it with the name of the appropriate holiday and add the words "in July." For example, Christmas in July, Hanukkah in July, Kwanzaa in July, etc.

3. When you post your project in the gallery, describe it. Tell how you made it and what you used.  Space is limited so feel free to streamline your comments.  Maybe you could make a listing, for example:
  • Stamps:
    Cardstock/Papers:
    Card Size:
    Inks/Coloring Medium:
    Accessories:
    Technique:

I tried this out on a card I posted some time ago, and it works fine.  Check it out:  Bicycle Card

Next, come back to this Discussion Thread to link your post here and to tell us how it went--the good and the bad.  This is where we'll have the space we need to describe the process. 

Combining Challenges:

You can combine this challenge with another challenge as long as the host of the other challenge will also allow it.

Prize:

There will be a prize awarded at the end of the challenge.  Your name will go into the hat once for every card you post in the gallery and link to the discussion thread. OK. I already know that the next question is do I get my name in the hat 10 times if I make 10 of the same card. I'll say you can get your name in the hat up to three times for multiples of the same design. Fair enough? There's no limit to the number of different cards you can post. You'll get credit for each different card.

I hope you'll join us and begin making your December holiday cards.  We can inspire and motivate each other.  Don't forget to have fun!

Daria
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:15:46 AM by djc »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:12:43 PM »
Sounds great! I hope I can get quite a few done this month! ;D

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:16:23 PM »
Thank you for offering this challenge. I am looking forward to it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »
I am now home and hope to get into the Christmas in July spirit soon! I have some loads of laundry to do first!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »
April, all three of your cards are wonderful.  The Sparkle and Sprinkle image is so much fun, and the babe in the manger is lovely.  Thank you for participating.

Daria

ETA:  April, could you put your cards in the album set aside for this challenge?  Right now it shows an ugly cylinder as a place holder; once a card has been posted, it will look the part.   lol.

djc
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:40:28 PM by djc »

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
Thanks for offering the challenge, Daria! I managed to get 3 done this weekend and I've got a couple more in the works!

April, your cards are so pretty, I love those stamps. I'm gonna have to look for those!

Here's 3 that I've finished-
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1747

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1746

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1745

I am starting to get bored with my Christmas stamps! Other than the Joy one, it's been quite a while since I've bought any. I'm on the lookout for some new ones.
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 01:52:20 PM »
Your cards are lovely, LeighAnn.

Stampwilly

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »
LeighAnn, I love all three of your cards.  You have some wonderful images and cool layouts.  Thank you for playing.  Daria

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 08:56:52 AM »
Thanks everyone! Daria to answer your question on the gelato background- I did a full 8.5x11 panel of the embossed snowflakes and once I was done with the gesso and it dried, I sprayed it with some krylon fixative spray. For some strange reason it yellowed a couple of spots of the embossing! Nothing major and I will be able to cover it up with an image if need be.
LeighAnn

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 10:54:41 AM »
Thanks, LeighAnn.  When I see video demos, they don't mention fixing the gelatos. 

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
You're on a roll, April.  As always, I love your cards. 

Thank you for playing.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 02:21:03 PM »
I finally have one Christmas card finished. I hope to finish many more of the bits and pieces that I have stamped.  For this card, I did combine with the Oldies challenge, but I used a non-traditional color scheme. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1761#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »
Beautiful, Heidi!  I need to check out the cards posted to the Oldies Challenge.  I'm loving the cards posted here that used that challenge too.

Thank you for playing.

Daria